My life coaching approach looks at individual challenges through the lens of optimization and actualization, rather than illness, failure or inadequacy. Working as a team, we assess the past to better understand the present and to form our plans for the future.
In my role as a Washington DC life coach, I practice precision coaching, and tailor to your specific requirements. My life coaching approach starts with a blank-slate, and together we assess and formulate an understanding of your needs, develop the most effective tools and techniques, and create and implement your own unique plan to accomplishing your goals.
Once your plan is put into action, we test out our new tools and approaches, gather information and data, and continue tailoring. We look for progress towards your goals and objectives, and evaluate your success as our work moves forward. No coaching engagement is a straight-line, and we will navigate your path – whatever shape it may be – collaboratively and in a systematic, goal-oriented fashion.
I have experience in working with clients across a wide-range of issues and challenges including but not limited to:
- Identifying, Making and Navigating Change: the need to make change, and change itself, exists in infinite forms whether getting out of a rut, reinventing yourself and launching into a new direction, coping with new circumstances, making or breaking habits, or simply living healthfully. Common to most is that change can be hard, especially in the context of adjustment challenges and other obstacles, and can feel totally overwhelming. We will work together to unblock, structure, empower and progress through the change process together.
- Personal and Professional Relationships: relationships are complex, and can be the source of tremendous reward and pleasure, or damage and pain. As a social species, our relationships with others fundamentally influence our quality of life. Sometimes our relationships and the way we relate to others, whether personally or professionally, present or past, needs structure, support and encouragement to overcome, flourish and thrive.
- Career and Professional Consulting: we will spend on average 30% of our lives working. Your career has immediate and important financial value, but also harder to quantify value in terms of professional and intellectual attainment and satisfaction. Work does not always work, and it can be important to set aside the time and space to critically assess where you are in relation to your goals and objectives, and take action as needed including establishing meaningful and lasting work-life balance.
- Cultivating, Coaching, and Expressing Creativity: having deep and rich creative life is one of life’s greatest pleasures and a key to living well. In today’s fast paced, saturated, and constantly connected world, finding the time and space to develop and express your own creativity can be challenging. Few things pay out more and more regularly than developing and accessing your own creative reservoir, and giving voice to your creativity, in whatever form that may be.
- The Big Questions: many of our needs and challenges don’t fall neatly into categories, whether they be life and existential; health and illness; coping with loss; sexuality; articulating your reason for being; living mindfully; or simply “other.” Find the time and space to call and we can discuss whether my approach works for your needs.
©Shepherd, LLC. All Rights Reserved.